The Tannery Marketplace is the original site of a woolen mill until 1878 when it was purchased by Ira Parker to house his growing glove company which would remain in business for the next 100 years.  Shortly after that, Ray and Sarah Cloutier purchased the building and ran Admac Salvage, an architectural and historical salvage company until 2010.   Today, the Tannery is home to more than twenty businesses offering professional, wellness, recreational, and small business services.

The property is situated in the Littleton River District which has a consistent history of entrepreneurship.